Things to Consider in Applying for a Job
2016-03-22 18:31:35???来源：bet36体育在线网址_bet36手机投注_bet36在线投注地带??? 双击单词自动翻译
Things to Consider in Applying for a Job
Many students consider applying for job very important after graduation. they think it will affect their course of lives, their circle of friends, and even their choice of spouses in the future. the following are two suggestions that you should consider when looking for a job. first, you should have an awareness of yourself, your personal interests in particular. generally speaking, your interest supplies your motivation and energy for work. if you don't have any interest in the job, you are sure to be bored by it even if it is a highly paid one. second, you should have knowledge of the job itself. the job you are looking for should neither be beyond your reach nor should it be too easy. instead, it should bring your abilities into full play. going to work that is too difficult may only lead to frustration and failure. going to work that is too easy, however, will be a waste of your knowledge, and you will soon lose interest in it. besides, you should think of the prospect of the job. will you have a promising future if you take the job? do not be misled by the present salary it offers. think of its future development. it is important to weigh the immediate advantages against the long term prospects of the job.
At this point, it is always advisable that you turn to your parents, your teachers, and your friends for help if you cannot make the decision. they are the people who know you the best. you can also ask some job advisors for advice. they are usually experienced and can give you some valuable hints. of course, it is you who have to make the final decision.
5 Things to Consider Before Applying for a Job
Your skills and experience certainly lend themselves to certain types of jobs, but they aren’t the only things you should consider when applying for a new position. Your satisfaction in a new job goes beyond simply being able to utilize your skills each day — you also need to consider who you’ll be working with, what the company is like and if you’ll be happy in the job, should you land it.
So what else is important, you ask? Here are a few other aspects of a new job you need to consider before applying:
1. Type of Management: Everyone thrives in a different type of work environment, and much of that environment is about how you’re managed on a day-to-day basis. Do you need a manager who allows you to work independently? Or do you prefer someone checking in with you on a daily basis? If you’ll be working remotely most of the time, are you able to successfully self-manage?
Think back to what worked and what did not work in your last position. Who is your ideal manager? What type of work environment will they encourage each day?
2. Corporate Culture: What is the office environment like? What values are important to the company? Do you agree with them? How do they affect the day-to-day environment at the organization? You can investigate these aspects of an organization by visiting its website. You can also gain additional insight by browsing employee reviews on Glassdoor and Vault.
Another aspect of the culture is the leadership. Do you admire and respect the top management at the organization? Do they make you want to work there? If you don’t, you may want to rethink your decision to apply at the company.
3. Your Personality Type: There are many things you can learn about your work style from discovering your personality type. Do you have a preference for extraversion or introversion? Do you require a quiet working environment or do you thrive in a bustling environment with more distractions? How your personality type will mesh with colleagues and supervisors plays a part in job satisfaction, too.
4. Work/Life Balance: What type of balance do you require? Will you be working significantly more hours than you did at your last job? What will your commute to this new job be like? Will the new position require frequent business traveling or overtime hours? These factors can affect your home life and may introduce more stress if you don’t consider them before applying. Know your limits to ensure your next position is the right fit for you and your life outside of work.
5. Company Stability: In this economy, it never hurts to dig a little deeper on company growth and financial stability. This can help you determine whether or not you’ll be looking for a new job in the near future, due to the company cutting back its workforce or shutting down altogether.
Additionally, it pays to research the industry in order to figure out if it's healthy. Is it expected to be around in the next 10 to 15 years, or is it on the decline?
Are there other things job seekers need to consider before applying for a new position? Let us know in the comments.
bet36体育在线网址_bet36手机投注_bet36在线投注地带提示：By Mona Abdel-HalimJun 10, 2012